Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Canada

I have been a failure to my followers. Just kidding, this blog was mostly for my trip to Honduras but I have done a fair share of traveling after that. As you all know, life is a journey in itself so my blog will always have some sort of relevance, even if the traveling I am doing is only to the store.

I'm a list person so I will list my adventures by occurance this summer. This will take a few days to get them all out so stay tuned!

Canada

After being delayed a day in getting back from Honduras, (see Claire's blog for details) Amelia, Shannon, Nancy (my car), Sydney and I took off for an adventure to Canada. I should have probably not scheduled the two so close together but I was fortunate not to get sick when I returned from my month long excursion. With little time to plan for this trip, we booked a hotel in Winnipeg, Canada not knowing what we were doing. It's an adventure, right? Wrong. Although we did not really want our parents input, after hearing from several people that this hotel had had recent stabbings and that cars get robbed on the regular, we decided to upgrade to a Marriott. We drove 11.5 hours and avoided flooding along I-29. We got through the border after intense questioning (probably because Sydney's passport picture looked like a mug shot :)) and made it to Winnipeg without a GPS! All of our phones were roaming which we hadn't really thought about.

The first night we went to a nice dinner, got to order drinks like big people, and headed to the hotel to settle in. We got lucky in that our hotel was brand new and we were not likely to be stabbed there. Ha!

Friday we shopped around in a cool area of town called The Forks which was in downtown Winnipeg. That night we went to a dance club called Alive and had a great time dancing, meeting some locals and enjoying their accents. Saturday, Sydney and I went to the Titanic museum which was soooo cool. We were obsessed with Titanic as kids if you didn't know this already. It was fun to see what things were real and not real from the movie. We were also assigned identities. I was Ms. Funk...she died and Sydney's identity lived. That night we went to Puckacinos...I mean Buccacinos. Luckily we sat outside because the inside smelled really gross and the service was not very good. After that we went to Whiskey Dix, a dance club with some live country music and a patio with more hip-hop type music.

While we were in Canada we also enjoyed amazing crepes, some horse races, and a giggly waiter that served us amazing yam fries!


Allahandro.


Betting at the races!



First night out with our new outfits from Forever 21.


Titanic Museum!

Whiskey Dix night...thanks self timer!

I'm probably forgetting a lot but all in all it was a great trip with my besties. We have all been friends since Kindergarten or 1st grade and I'm so lucky to have them.


No comments:

Post a Comment