Monday, May 9, 2011

Errands, Errands, Errands

I'm making progress. I can walk into my room without hurting myself! Preparing for a trip such as this, there have been many preparations. It all started back at the beginning of Sophomore year when Sarah, Claire, and I decided we wanted to get some of our Spanish credit for our degrees at a language school. After talking to our professor we had decided that the Ixbalanque school in Honduras would be a great place to go. Unfortunately, we had the wrong web site and for a few months we thought that the school had closed its doors. Our next idea was Nicaragua. We did some researching and found a school that had excellent reviews called Spanish Ya. Shortly after discovering this school, we found out, (I can't remember how) that the school in Honduras did still exist! Thus, we had picked our school.

We thought the hard part was over but none of us realized all the little details that had to be worked out. Here is a list:

-Cheap airfare that didn't have us flying to 3 different countries over a 2 day span
-Finding a bus that coincided with our airplane
-Contacting the school to ask more questions
-Emailing the school on the right email account
-Payment to the school
-Where we would be staying

I'm sure I am leaving out many other things. As for now I have a few more things to do in order to feel more prepared for this trip and fortunately I finished a lot of them today!

-Mailing in textbooks for spending money in Honduras
-Calling the credit card company so they know I will be using the card elsewhere
-Shopping for trip necessities
-Cleaning my room so I can come home to a clean space
-Contacting Hobby Lobby to see if I will have a job when I get back!

Off to do more cleaning, then to Seward to visit friends and hang out with my roomie!

No comments:

Post a Comment