Sunday, May 8, 2011

Here we go!

Although it is officially summer vacation, it has yet to sink in. At the moment I am sitting in a 2 foot by 2 foot square on my bed surrounded by what looks like the aftermath of a small tornado of a room. Oh well, that's besides the point of this blog. This week is going to be jam packed with packing, finalizing trip details, and re-packing my life into a suitcase for 3 weeks in Honduras!!

It's still sinking in that I am going to be living in a foreign country for 3 weeks in a town that speaks very little English. My two friends Claire and Sarah and I will be traveling to Copan Ruinas, Honduras to study Spanish at the Ixbalanque Language School. For 4 hours each day we will be instructed 1 on 1 (or the 3 of us with one teacher, we hope) and then we will be free to explore or do some serving of some sort at a school or what ever opportunities they have for us the rest of the day.

This blogging thing is pretty new to me (unless you count xanga back in middle school) so I'll try to keep you all updated. Just follow me on the side bar and you should receive emails when I update. Claire also has a blog on here called "in transit" and it should be under my favorites if you want to see multiple angles of our trip!

More to come later this week! Happy Mother's Day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that we are each other's only followers ;) Especially because if there is anyone that doesn't need to follow a blog to make sure we are okay, it's you, me, and Sarah! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete